Since 2004, The Smooth Jazz Cruise has been the gold standard, not only for jazz cruises, but for all theme cruises. Nearly 50,000 guests have experienced this amazing music cruise vacation and nearly 14,000 of those have joined us on 4 or more of the 25 sailings. The cruise, which has earned the title of The Greatest Party at Sea, provides guests with a week away from the issues of the day and transports them to a place of true camaraderie, inclusion and respect. The guests motivate the artists and musicians, who, in turn, up their game to further excite the guests. This spiral continues for 7 days and 7 nights, resulting in a totally immersive music and cultural experience that has created life-changing relationships among guests, artists and staff.
Why is The Smooth Jazz Cruise so beloved? Here are a few of the factors that make the cruise so popular!
- Music. There is more great music on The Smooth Jazz Cruise than any other event of its kind in the world. On The Smooth Jazz Cruise, the music comes first.
- Great Headliners. Simply stated, The Smooth Jazz Cruise has, year in and year out, presented more of the top stars in this genre than any cruise or festival. Two music hosts, Marcus Miller and Boney James, command the respect of all guests, along with our amazing headliners, Brian Culbertson, Jonathan Butler, Candy Dulfer and Music Director Eric Marienthal.
- Amazing Special Guests. The ’22 cruises also feature three special guests, David Sanborn sailing on the All-Star Edition and Vanessa Williams and Jeffrey Osborne sailing on the Back-to-Back 18th Anniversary cruises.
- More Musicians and Featured Performers.The talent does not stop there. The All-Star Edition also features Rick Braun, Eric Darius, Euge Groove, Everette Harp, Paul Jackson Jr., Jeff Lorber, Keiko Matsui, Kirk Whalum and Peter White. The 18th Anniversary cruises feature top featured musicians as well, such as Norman Brown, Euge Groove, Eric Darius, Cindy Bradley, Patches Stewart, Chance Howard, Tom Braxton and more! The musicians are supported by three incredible bands, the amazing talents of DW3, and topped off with the funniest man on the planet, our comic/host Alonzo Bodden.
- The Ship. The Revolutionized Celebrity Millennium Class Ship offers The Smooth Jazz Cruise the opportunity to create magical music experiences while also making sure that guests enjoy wonderful specialty restaurants, world-class spa facilities and service second to none.
- Exciting Ports of Call. Though the itinerary hasn’t been confirmed, our goal is for The Smooth Jazz Cruise '22: All-Star Edition to sail to Costa Maya, Cozumel and Key West, and The Smooth Jazz Cruise '22.1 & '22.2 to Curacao and Aruba.
- Programming and Production. Hands down, no one programs a cruise like The Smooth Jazz Cruise. Our team of creative experts is simply unmatched in their ability to create cool and exciting programs, shows, events, parties and just plain fun. Below is a partial list of the exciting programs you will experience on The Smooth Jazz Cruise:
- Nightly Main Lounge Shows
- Festival-Style Lounge Shows
- Late Night Main Lounge Shows
- All Star Shows with unique musical configurations
- Late, Late Nightclub for Dancing/Chilling
- Cocktail Hour Performances
- All Ship Pool Shows
- Annual T-Shirt Party
- Costume Theme Parties
- Pool Events featuring Performers
- Autograph Sessions
- Artist Hosted Excursions
- Artist Interactive Activities
- Q & A’s with Artists
- Music Seminars
- One-of-a-kind Culinary Events
- Hilarious Gameshows
- Show Us Your Talent Competition judged by Artists
- Annual BBQ Under The Stars
Entertainment Cruise Productions, the producer of the cruise, is the worldwide leader in live entertainment at sea. Entertainment Cruise Productions has provided a level of expertise, service and commitment that has guests coming back year after year after year. Upon completion of our current programs, ECP will have produced over 81 full ship cruise programs, and over 14,000 people have sailed on our jazz cruise programs 4 or more times. These are astonishing numbers, for sure, but it proves to us that our mission to give each cruise guest an amazing experience has resonated over the years.